Your Other Hobby (s)?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:gig I've had that same conversation!!

I love living a life of owning nothing worth stealing....makes one feel so much more secure in their homes. The last place I lived was 10 yds from a very busy and main highway through the county and I left my key in the door for 6 yrs. If folks needed to use the phone/bathroom and I'm not there, they could let themselves in and do so, but I had no fears of anyone stealing anything I had.

Low crime area and nothing worth stealing leads to a peaceful kind of life. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beekissed, I would love to live with you for a year. What an experience that would be! I like yard sales but like you, I'm starting to declutter. It does give you a more peaceful feeling and makes cleaning your house easier. I still have a long way to go though!

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might grow very bored, Miss Mary! :gig We've got no TV and listen to no radio unless I'm in the car and usually not even then if Mom is with me. It's so quiet back here that even the rooster rarely crows except in the dark hours of the morning and the dog hardly ever barks. It's almost like there's a tacit agreement that the quiet must not be broken except for a really, really good reason.

We just do seasonal work, go to town when needed but don't linger if we can help it, eat the same old things with very little variation, then quiet evenings of reading or talking to you fine folks on the PC.

Very boring for most folks. ;) Oh, they like it for a few hours~says it's so relaxing and peaceful~ but then they start getting antsy start saying words like "bored" "too quiet" or they all go to sleep. :gig

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might grow very bored, Miss Mary! :gig We've got no TV and listen to no radio unless I'm in the car and usually not even then if Mom is with me. It's so quiet back here that even the rooster rarely crows except in the dark hours of the morning and the dog hardly ever barks. It's almost like there's a tacit agreement that the quiet must not be broken except for a really, really good reason.

We just do seasonal work, go to town when needed but don't linger if we can help it, eat the same old things with very little variation, then quiet evenings of reading or talking to you fine folks on the PC.

Very boring for most folks. ;) Oh, they like it for a few hours~says it's so relaxing and peaceful~ but then they start getting antsy start saying words like "bored" "too quiet" or they all go to sleep. :gig
I think I could do it for a few days. ;) There really is very little to watch on t.v. or worth listening to on the radio anyway. Noise has begun to bother me more, too. Peace and quite sounds AMAZING. I think it might take a long time to get really bored as long as I have the PC, my camera, some good books and my crafty projects and of course a garden!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your woods must be very different then mine. I think the country nights are filled with sound. Between the frogs, crickets and night birds far from quite. But 100x better then the night time traffic noise of city.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We decluttered. We moved and downsized. Yes it can be done. We had big massive bedroom furniture, huge leather sofas, 110" solid oak dining table with 10 big bowback chairs and a leaded glass front china cabinet to match. Plus a myriad of other items that didn't move with us. No, I don't miss any of it.

Worked on the closet hobby this morning. Painting the boards, two coats. Now only have two 1"x12"x10' and one 1"x6"x10' left to paint. Then can start cutting and assembling.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We decluttered. We moved and downsized. Yes it can be done. We had big massive bedroom furniture, huge leather sofas, 110" solid oak dining table with 10 big bowback chairs and a leaded glass front china cabinet to match. Plus a myriad of other items that didn't move with us. No, I don't miss any of it.

Worked on the closet hobby this morning. Painting the boards, two coats. Now only have two 1"x12"x10' and one 1"x6"x10' left to paint. Then can start cutting and assembling.
Bay, want to take a working vacation? I could sure use you here. ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
AND it would be much more fun doing with help and fresh eyes. I am sure some things I think I NEED someone with another opinion would make it easier to toss things. (Or we could just get together and swap junk!) ;)

Latest posts