Kitchen coming along ok.,

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks great Collector!

I think it will be fine w/o an acid wash.
DH has been a tile setter for... um...48 years, give or take. I can only remember a few times he ever had to use muriatic acid, and it's been a very long time since then.

given the color is different than tile previously posted...

i really thought they were using the reddish floor tile on the backsplash. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The best thing in grout is colored. No more scrubbing with tooth brushes to keep white.

everything here is white fixtures. i hate 'em. iron in water means every little bit of rust color shows. may have to redo utility room shower this summer. trying to talk Mom into rust colored tile. *being hopeful*

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello @Collector it has been a few weeks since you last posted here. How is the kitchen coming along? The back splashes up and grouted? Lighting chose? Just curious me asking ;)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our project is finally starting to take shape. They removed all the old sheetrock and replaced all of the copper pipes for the kitchen and bath with PVC, including the large drains in the basement. We have not had a sink in weeks but today the craftsman connected the new dishwasher temporarily so at least we won't have to do the dishes in the basement in the laundry sink. That said, we have to wait for the countertop people and it is still going to be several more weeks until the countertop goes in and the tile backsplash can be installed.
The designer made an error and ordered the over sink cabinets and valence in reverse, so they had to be reordered, which caused another delay. The replacements came in yesterday, but she made another error and ordered the wrong color cabinets. She also failed to notify the countertop manufacturer, so that caused a delay also, and she provided the wrong hardware for the drawer pulls. This is the fifth error she has made on our project and I expect to call and ask for her and have them say: "she no longer works here." If Edith Bunker had a twin sister, this would be her.
We are still missing cabinets and lighting and tile, but at least we are not living out of boxes, and, they will not be back until the countertop is in so we can have some privacy for a few weeks until it starts again. God, give me strength to survive this project.

p2.jpg

p16.jpg
p17.jpg

p18.jpg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is too many mistakes, hope they are giving you a discount for them. I would put it right in her face and say I have been very quite about all your mistake please take some money off total .

Latest posts