Thanksgiving Battle

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sister is OCD about cleaning, she can clean 12 hours straight. The dog is a breed that sheds heavy even if I groom it today. If the dog spends a few hours in her house she will spend the next week vacuuming. It is a disorder and not something she can easily control. I am on her side in this she bends over backward helping my father rarely gets a thank you from him. He is fully awhere of the mental stress the dog will cause my sister. WE are talking about 5 to 7 hours, there is no reason the dog can not be home for that time.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure hope your sister doesn't come to my house. :hide I found something in the pantry today I can't identify.
Small squarish, heavy, darkened textured bricks of something I have absolutely no idea what they could be. Probably a food item. Maybe mouse nibbles on the sides.

Just saying, I could use a little of that OCD tendency, I think.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure hope your sister doesn't come to my house. :hide I found something in the pantry today I can't identify.
Small squarish, heavy, darkened textured bricks of something I have absolutely no idea what they could be. Probably a food item. Maybe mouse nibbles on the sides.

Just saying, I could use a little of that OCD tendency, I think.

:lol: You crack me up!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom called brother, asked him what he was doing for Thanksgiving. He said probably going to jump off a bridge. In the background, he and gf were fighting. Said he would try to come. Gf stole all his guns and pawned them. That's a relief. They'll be less likely to end up on the news. :rolleyes:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:gig

It might not be funny to you, but that there's funny! :lol:

I have a first cousin that the whole family disowned. Her and her brood of broken brained idiots. If you look up the definition of Drama Queen, you'll find her picture. The sheriff's department is way too closely acquainted with her. There are some people, no matter if they are family or not, that you are better off not having anything to do with.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:gig

It might not be funny to you, but that there's funny! :lol:

I have a first cousin that the whole family disowned. Her and her brood of broken brained idiots. If you look up the definition of Drama Queen, you'll find her picture. The sheriff's department is way too closely acquainted with her. There are some people, no matter if they are family or not, that you are better off not having anything to do with.

Yeah, this is the kind of situation you feel like you can't do anything to improve, and allowing them into your life causes too many problems, so for lack of a better solution you do well to avoid them.

I seriously hope he doesn't jump off a bridge. Nothing would surprise me. He keeps saying he's going to kill her, has said it hundreds of times. He can be a bit of a drama queen though. We used to try to talk to him (mom still does of course), and we've tried to ignore a lot of it. It gets harder when there's a baby caught in the middle though, and another on the way. CPS had been called a while back. I hear you have to keep at it though.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My cousin adopted her 3 grand children, DH and I tried to help her. We tried long after the rest of the family had given up on her. I just couldn't walk away from the kids. Finally, I had to throw in the towel and walk away. She was dragging me down her black hole and I just couldn't deal with all her drama. I hear the kids (teenagers) are lying, thieving crazies just like her. I don't want them to know where we live.

Sometimes you just have to back off and let things play out. It's sad about the baby and one on the way.

Sooooo other than family drama, I sincerely hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of OCD, my sister's husband's brother's wife recently took their 3 kids and moved to Texas, living with a family she met on the Internet. She had lived the past few months with the kids in an RV parked in their driveway because she is convinced that the house they bought and remodeled is riddled with toxic black mold. He continues to live in the house alone. She would make him change his clothes before he came to the RV to visit. He doesn't want to sell the house, but she'll not move back until he does. She also has Orthorexia, an obsession with "right eating". She always brought her own food anytime she came to any of our family gatherings. Her kids had their first ever S'more at one of our cookouts, had to eat it quick before she caught them. What do you have to do to get someone like that committed? Seriously! o_O

Latest posts